So I am planning on getting a lot done this month! I started a little late so I’m a bit behind a lot of gardens in the area, but I think I can still coax a decent harvest even out of the cold season veggies!
1) Harvest to eat fresh:
- Lettuce (how to harvest)
- Spinach mustard (I had never heard of this green before, more about it here)
- Spinach (how to harvest)
- Garlic scapes (how to harvest)
2) Harvest to preserve:
3) Start preparing for my fall garden (great info on fall gardens here)
4) Learn more about foraging – I’d at least like to be able to use common weeds in my yard in a useful way! Here are some resources I’ve found so far:
- 9 Things to Do With Dandelions
- I’m not in NYC, but 6 Edible Plants to Forage in New York City
- Also wild food girl – she not only talks about her foraging adventures, but provides recipes!
- Do you know of any other urban foraging references I should know about?