So I just finished trellising my tomatoes. There are tons of flowers and some green tomatoes already and the plants are getting huge so I’m pretty excited! My basil plants are getting big, too. Fresh tomatoes and basil is probably one of my favorite combinations. I’m pretty excited about my green beans, too, they are almost large enough to harvest!
The lemon balm has really started to pop up everywhere, even in the shady areas! Here’s what else will be happening in my garden this month:
1) Harvest to eat fresh (along with recipes I hope to try!)
- Komatsuna (Komatsuna greens in ginger almond miso sauce)
- Green beans (Green beans with walnuts, fennel, and goat cheese, green beans with bacon vinaigrette, and roasted garlic parmesan green beans and tomatoes)
- Cherry Tomatoes and Basil (Polenta with fresh tomatoes, tomato basil soup, or the classic caprese salad)
2) Harvest oregano to preserve
3) Continue researching organic agriculture methods
- Integrated Pest Management
- No-dig methods
- More on permaculture
- More on no-till methods (I’ve already written about it once)
- I’ve already researched and written about biodynamic agriculture
Do you have any other organic agriculture methods that I should look into?